Wide Column databases
Data is stored in columns
Access necessary data faster
Dont scanning the unneccessary information
Scale by columns independently
Data warehouse and big data processing
Apache Cassandra, Apache HBase, or Amazon DynamoDB
Column-based databases also known Wide-Column Databases.
▪ Data is stored in columns, by this way, it can access necessary data more faster than if we compare to storing data in rows.
▪ If you select mostly same columns in your databases, its good to use this databases.
▪ It doesn't scanning the unnecessary information in a whole row.
▪ Column-based databases can scale by columns independently.
▪ Columns could be different database servers.
▪ I.e. building a Data warehouse, Big Data processing.
▪ Apache Cassandra, Apache HBase or Amazon DynamoDB, Azure CosmosDB.